Tuesday 10 September 2013

Seoul Day 9- Hyehwa Day setting Hair wave!

Day 9 is quite mundane hahahah we didnt go anywhere special... just stayed in hyehwa... and I guess thats probably a tuesday or thursday when we were having our korean class... cos with korean class right smack in the middle of the day like 430-6 we cant go anywhere far from Hyehwa

So instead, we ate lunch at hyehwa nearby our school and we went to set our hair! and korean class and dinner which ends our night!

Some lol things I spotted... Wash your hands for 20minutes?! are you kidding me? hahah it actually meant 20seconds in korean... in my school's toilet


Kimbap!




And so we tag along fellow Singaporean friends (our roomie), we went to a hair salon that her Korean friends recommended... But we have language barrier......... we communicate through GOOGLE TRANSLATE lol or their own translation apps

Initially just wanted to cut my hair, and I thought it through I wanted a magic perm since its highly raved for! But... its either they do not have the equipment or she said that I don't suit that magic perm. hmm 80% sure that she's referring to the latter. Thus, I settled for... wave. lol



 End product after bathing at our dorm!


sadly... my hair is born to be straight... refer to Day 8 for ehwa pictures. so... no more wave :(
It costs me 70,000won to cut and wave it. so yeps!

sad lo :(

-----
Anyway, if you are to come to SKKU for similar exchange. I would recommend you not to take the korean class... its a waste of money. reason:

1. if you know nuts about korean, the beginner teacher teaches the class of 40 people? in a fast pace cos only 6 lessons 1.5hours. She teaches in Korean. so... not much of english-korean mix

2. if you know something about korean, for the advance class that I was in... I was actually expecting the teacher to teach us something... in the end he taught us traditional korean things (which is okay!), he tasked us to find food best eaten in Summer (patbingsoo, samgyetang etc) and the recipe, and how the koreans feel after eating and PRESENT IT IN CLASS. The presentation is ok actually trains us to talk in korean... but, it still find it stupid. he could have went through grammar or vocabs or sentence structuring with us.......

3. though class is "free", you need to pay the the notes. NOT TEXTBOOK. 30usd for simple notes. those kinda photocopied papers stapled together. I would rather get yonsei textbook or proper textbook for reference from bookstore!

4. the timing sucks

If you want, you can go to the intermediate class. Not sure if the teacher gonna be the same lady, the teacher teaching that class is good! and fun i feel... from how my friend described lol

*just suggesting*

No comments :

Post a Comment